Friday, August 26, 2011

I am published. Sorta. And it's completely awesome

Next month is my birthday. Not usually an exciting time for me now that I have passed the 30-hump, but a birthday nonetheless. Today, my super awesome friend Stephanie gave me my gift early because she just 'couldn't hold it in any longer'. Her words. Practically.

Stephanie, the most sweetest and thoughtful person in the whole fucking world (at least right n ow, you all have a chance to top her you know) went and had my blog, A LIFE LESS ORDINARY, published into a coffee table book.

Soak that one in jealous people.

It's super awesomely amaze-balls and I have already caught myself several times today drifting away from my work to oogle over posts I wrote waaaaaaaaay back when. Back when this blog was Carmen101, and not Life Less Ordinary. Back when I was using the blog more as personal outlet rather than a public one. Back when I didn't follow ANY bloggers. Back when I was naive and immature.

But that's assuming I am not naive and immature anymore. I'm going with that one.

There are some good'ers in there y'all...and have given me some flash back posts to re-post because I am lazy I am enthused to share them all with you. Truly.

Like Anonymous from November 2008. Who knew that a few short years later, random comments on my blog would EXCITE THE FUCK OUT OF ME? Seriously. I get heart palpitations. Comment please. COMMENT.

Or Night at the Rox (Bur)y from August 2009. Memories of drunk debauchery are always good for a laugh, no? Fortunately I have documented many. Mental note: Delete these when my daughter becomes of age to start following my blog. Probably a good idea. Most likely.

And then there's my It's that time of year once again... from September 2010 where I so eloquently discuss my fear of aging. At 31. I am such a bitch. There is an emotional little tidbit in that one too - so prepare with a Kleenex if you're the crying type.

These are not my best posts, just a few that stood out to me while ignoring work to look at the Best. Birthday. Gift. EVER.

Prepare for some oldies in the future though, because I am an over-sharer. And Lazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment