Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Delayed Monday Shank - Someone in government has WAY too much power


This here folks is a giant monument of Raspberries. The picture quality sucks because I was 'technically' driving at the same time I took it with my phone. And apparently that's frowned upon so I had to do it quickly and inconspicuously.


I wish I was joking.

Some time last week someone erected this monstrosity and called it ‘art’ in the new round-a-bout by my office. I am all for beautifying, but this is slightly ridiculous don't you think?! Not only is it CLEARLY a misrepresentation of raspberries (c’mon, everyone knows raspberry bushes have thorns) but it is also INSANELY large; thus resulting in numerous fender benders from drivers gaping at it in disbelief

While no fender benders have been reported yet, I am sure they're coming soon. I nearly collided with the curb on day one.That may or may not have been because I  was struggling to take a picture, but whatever.

So today’s (yesterday’s) Monday Shank is reserved for the douchecanoe in government who decided that this ‘art’ was a valuable use of our taxpayer’s dollars. Firstly, it isn’t. Secondly, it’s ugly. End.Of.Story. 



Are there any monstrosities in your part of the world that’s been passed off as art?

No comments:

Post a Comment