Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Jason Mesnick is a joke

You know... I am not PROUD to say that I am a reality show junkie, nor can I even say I want to admit that I even watch some of them... but after last nights Season Finale and After the Rose episode of the Bachelor...

I can't help but admit it, then vent my arse off about how ridiculously retarded the Bachelor season was this year.

And I mean ridiculous.

First, Jason Mesnick was (operative word) America's 'Golden Boy' of sorts. Millions of people watched Miss Pappas break his heart on the last season of the Bachelorette, and every one's heart broke with it. Here is a single dad, looking for love, only to be thrown back to where he came from after the Final two.

We all bled for him.

So fast forward to the Bachelor - where he is given a second chance with 25 gorgeous women (and young I might add!) all vying for HIS love. Seriously, it always cracks me up that they ALL fall in love. Talk about victims of a set-up.

It was pretty apparent from the get-go that Jason was reading from a script almost ALL of the time. He is NOT a talented actor. Now if you watched the season finale and the after the rose ceremony last night, you will also agree with me that NOTHING that happened was REAL. Not a chance. It was so ridiculously set-up and was masterminded by the show producers for ratings... but I think ultimately it will do exactly the opposite because no one in their right mind will watch another season of the Bachelor after this one.

Updated: Wednesday March 4th

I didn't watch the After the Rose Ceremony 2 last night. I couldn't do it. Painful as the first one was Monday night, this one promised to be so nauseating and puke-worthy that I chose the love of my pillow instead.

I read the updates, spoilers, blogs etc...so I know what happened. And I know Melissa took the high road and chose to send a statement rather than submit herself to seeing Jason one last time...and even having to sit on the same piece of furniture. My favorite part about the first after special? When she looked at him and mumbled "Don't ever call me, or text me again". Melissa was criticized through out the whole season for lacking the maturity some of the other girls did (and as a side note: maybe that's why she was 'chosen' to be the one to be set up? Hmmmm), but I think she handled herself the best that anyone could have given the circumstances that Jason put her in. I think she was definitely smart not to subject herself to the lovey-dovey couch snuggling that Molly and Jason subjected everyone else to last night... if it were me, I would have run out on the stage, punched them both and said...'Way to fuck up someone else's life for TV ratings douchebags".

It's sad really. Sad that Melissa had to be the one to suffer because The Bachelor needed higher ratings. (15 million, highest ever. FUCKING RETARDED). Funny part : I was glued too LOL. Truthfully, Jason may have liked her, most definitely wanted to sleep with her, but he didn't love her. The show fabricates the perfect fairy tale relationship for the viewers - not for the fame whores who participate.

New nickname: Douche. I can't handle writing Douche's name anymore.

Douche had one thing going for him: The love of America because of being a single dad. How cliche. He had his heart torn out from under him with Deanna (anyone else notice how absolutely terrible she looked on the last episode telling him he had a chance??? Ewwwww) and then fell in love with two girls and was completely shaken up over who to chose.

As humans, WE UNDERSTAND THAT. As adults, we even condone it...to a degree... I mean, faced with that many beautiful people, I'd probably fall in love with more than that!

What will forever be imprinted on every one's mind in regards to Douche, is his total lack of regard for his child. Pimping him out on National TV, only to confuse the shit out of him meeting two women, watching his Dad hold their hands and kiss them, bringing his 'Fiance' around for 6 weeks (or so they say), only to bring another one around the week after?

Now, Jillian (Go Canada!) has been announced as the next Bachelorette. I'll watch that. From what I watched, she SEEMED to be the only genuine person on that show this season, so I'll give it a chance. But the minute ANYTHING seems scripted to me... I am changing the channel to the Food Network. Iron Chef holds WAY more appeal to me then beautiful people wanting 15 seconds of fame.

Shame on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment