Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Annonymous

I have decided that I don't like people I don't know making comments on my blog. Does that mean I shouldn't have a blog?

I don't know why...but even when the comment is positive, or even just a random comment that means nothing derogatory in any ways, i still get frustrated. Why is that?! It in no way reflects on the person making the actual comment...It is just something I personally feel. Almost like MY anonymity is being challenged. Stupid huh? I mean, it's not like I am a private person, I have a blog for goodness sakes! Perhaps I am just suspicious by nature?

Yesterday I had someone randomly comment on a post from 2007 and while I am pretty sure it was just to bring my attention BACK to the random comment left by my favorite commenter Trev, and it wasn't negative in any way, it DID frustrate me because well, I KNOW what he posted last year. Doesn't change my opinion of his most recent sporadic comment. Sure, he was actually being very nice last year...and sure, it freaked me out because he shares the same name of one of my regular readers, BUT, it doesn't change the fact that his comments recently were, well... not well received lets say, because it challenged my opinion of friendships as a whole, and deserved my negative response. Well in my opinion anyways and since this is my blog, only my opinion matters. I kill myself.

But all this gets me thinking yet again on WHY i have a blog. Yes, it's personal...but it is a choice to publicly put it out there for the 'world' to see even if I don't share my blog address to everyone. It's not like the site is hidden or password protected...and honestly, maybe i still have too much trust in the Internet. Holy, even I realize how dumb that comment is. I guess since i have never had my identity stolen, or fallen for an Internet scam, I think I am untouchable, I don't know.

All i know is, I don't like people I don't know commenting here. So I guess it leaves me with no choice but to moderate my comments. Oh wait, I already do that.

So this post was a waste of my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment