Tuesday, October 28, 2008


Why when it rains, does it pour? I am speaking metaphorically of course. But enough on that… me no air my dirty laundry.
Atleast today anyways.

Can you believe that in a little over two weeks I will be basking in the sun on a beach in Mexico (See above for my hotel!) with a cold frothy beverage in my hand (with an umbrella)? I seriously cannot believe it myself. In fact, now I can’t stop thinking about it. Damn.

Now to organize the child care. Seriously, and I make no joke here, I have a flippin’ spreadsheet to keep it all straight in my head. I know I will be worried sick most of the trip that the right person picked up my child and took her back and forth to school/day care. I have tried to simplify it as much as possible…but too many people were only available a day here, or a day there, and NO ONE could do it the whole week. That said, I was pretty shocked at some people for not even volunteering.

For several reasons.

1. I am the first one to do a favor for anyone…friend, family, even aquaintances. In fact, I usually volunteer before others even have a chance to say no
2. I live in Mission (read: China) and the ‘friends’ that live close by are almost the only ones that DIDN’T offer (except Matty J and that’s cause he rocks)
3. Even a fabulous friend who lives DOWNTOWN stepped up to help with Elvis
4. I am in a jam, friends help friends in jams
5. My daughter is awesome…she is almost the coolest 7 year old alive

But hey – it’s situations like this that yet again reiterate the need to eliminate people from your life that really don’t give a rat’s ass about you…even though you do about them. We live in a selfish world, no? I know I blogged about this previously…but I honestly do get surprised every time this happens to me…and then I STILL stand up and do favors for people that so obviously couldn’t care less about me. I am, in a nutshell, a ‘person to be used’…It’s called being kind-hearted and generous…and HELL YA I am tooting my own horn.

Side note: Men Suck. Almost always. No relevance to the story, just ‘cause.


No comments:

Post a Comment