Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tuesday......Looking Back to New York

Two weeks ago today ...which was a Tuesday.....I was in New York.
I still haven't finished telling you that story yet or showing you my photos. HA~!

View From The Top...
We are on a "Bus Tour" of "Upper Manhattan"...."Central Park" is on the right side of the bus.
It's HUGE and very lush.


The American Museum of Natural History

"The Dakota"...

Can't remember what this building was but neat awnings ...I think I have a THING for awnings apparently. I have tons of photos of buildings with them. HA!

"Miss Priss at the '3 Story' DISNEY STORE"......yikes!
That place was SOOO neat....we could hardly get Miss Priss out of there.

"Ground Zero"
EVERYBODY ALWAYS asks me "if we went to Ground Zero"...this photo is as close as we got to it and that was close enough.

It's still a BIG HOLE in the ground which after 8 years since America was ATTACKED by Terrorist....is sad to me.
I wish they would get something done there....as do probably do the thousands of family members of those killed.

I can't remember what this building is either. HA!
But HEY....there's our "Insurance Company" behind this old building.

Very cool looking "Staples" store....can you imagine? LOVE those "candy stripe" awnings.

While in New York we took TWO "Bus Tours" on two different days...which I think is the BEST way to get around a big ol' city that size, in the least amount of time.
Without walking your brains out which we did anyway.

Miss Priss and Gabe.....on top the "open topped Double Decker bus" we rode on.


This was near our hotel on 57th street....I take it that it is some kind of "day spa"...but I loved the sign...and I think I would want to PAY BIG BUCKS to do what is says......NOT!
Can you see the painted sign on the window.....it says:
"Reflexology and......NAPPING!!!"

I nap all the time and never pay for it. What are those New Yorkers thinking??
Maybe I should start a "napping business"....hummmm.


"The Cathedral of St. John The Divine"


Very nice remodeled "Tenements" in Harlem.


The inside of "St. Patrick's Cathedral"....
St. Patrick's is such a well known church world wide...so I just HAD to get in there and see what it was all about.
It's lovely inside....if you like history and craftsmanship.....you'll love this church building.

"Gabe's head"....and looking over into Central Park....HA!


I've been waiting on "Miss Priss" actually because she has a LOT of great photos that she won't surrender over to me. Ughhghgh!
I've been threatening her with a beating....but she still forgets to send them to me.

So sorry you all will have to settle for mine which aren't too terrible....:~)
Are they?

No comments:

Post a Comment