Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Hump Day thoughts

I encourage more humping.

Its been a whirlwind September...and then I realize it's already a quarter of the way through October. When I think about it, Mexico is coming a lot faster that I thought it would (which IS a good thing!) but then again, my time left for weight loss is also coming a whole lot faster than I thought as well (NOT a good thing!)

That's right, I have hit a 'bump'. (no, no, not my belly bump, a speed bump!)

The first 10 (give or take a few depending on my water consumption that day!) came off FAIRLY easily, but I haven't budged even the slightest bit on the scale in the last week. E coming home is partly to blame for that I am sure, as together we do not always eat the healthiest... BUT, I have been very diligent with my choices and sticking to my plan. Time to mix it up, no? What would Jesus do?

This weekend is my best friends Bday and while low key, it's going to be a blast. Not one to draw attention to herself, she waited to the last minute to even decided to do ANYTHING, but a nice night out at the pub with a few friends and NO drama, well I am up for that! Screw all you up tight biotches (and bastardo's) who think Mission is China and refuse to drive out there. The funny part? It would actually take LESS time for someone who lives in, let's say Surrey, to drive to Mission than it would to go to North Van.

A wise woman said "perceptually, its easier to drive further west than it is east".... well I say, perceptions are retarded. Well, not all... you all know how I hate to generalize (lol) but it just stabs me in the side with a vegetable peeler when I hear how awful it is to drive out east. Now if I was offering some big special prize, I can name quite a few of the aforementioned biotches and bastardo's who would come-a-running cause they're classy like that... but for a loved one's Bday who would bend over backwards for you, not even the slightest chance.

Another funny thing about that? It was already assumed that would happen. That is exactly how much faith *we* have in some of our friends. I use 'friends' loosely cause really, who needs enemies when you yada yada yada...? Which brings me to another thought...

This is why my birthday was so successful THIS year. I chose to expand my social circle in the last year and a bit, and stop relying on the people who have disappointed me so many times. I didn't really think too much about choosing my friends a little more wisely... but thankfully that came naturally (o.m.g... is that called maturity??? or did I just spoil it by saying o.m.g?) Not only have I now surrounded myself with CARING people, but people I can generally count on and actually love doing things for as well. We all have/had those people in our lives that we help out of obligation and while it's hard to admit it.... we do it for the recognition, not for the love we feel for them. I have had my plenty... and this year I chose to rise above. Well... it was probably not even noticed, but more the reason to don't you think?

Que sera sera. Cliche, I know. But fitting

No comments:

Post a Comment