Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Thoughts Of Autumn.......

(***Note: "This photo is NOT how it looks in South Louisiana!***")

Silly me......I missed it.
The Day "Autumn" arrived that is.
It's not like me....to miss something that I love that much.

But I did miss it's coming and the only way I can explain it is the remind myself that my days have been crazy and hazy this month.

Two hurricanes.....#1 Son home for a visit....#2 Son moving back home this past weekend....#3 Son.....well...he's just fine....and Miss Priss..Child #4...preparing along with my husband and I for our trip to "New York City" this weekend.

It's just all been too much.
And so I missed the "Grand Entrance" of my most FAVORITE season.

Yet, I'm fortunate to even know what day it is today today.
Is is Tuesday isn't it?

When you consider where I live.....the "Entrance of Autumn" isn't so "Grand" actually.
I wish it were though. You know we really don't have many trees that "turn colors" down here. It just doesn't get cold enough here to do that.

I really do miss seeing how the earth changes and begins to embrace dying and then becoming dormant.

Oh we have certain "signs" of Autumn here....it does become a tad cooler. Like for example....it's only 87 degrees here today :~)...and less humid. Hummmm.
My favorite two things.......
And it rains....and it rains.
That's normal....it rains here alot no matter what season it is.

And of course it begins to get darker earlier in the evening as well....

However with all that stated....one of best signs that Autumn has arrived is
of course......
"College Football" has started nation wide.

And boy has it ever begun here in Baton Rouge and so far, we are off to one fine "Season." I hope it keeps up... "GEAUX TIGERS!"

"Happy Fall Y'ALL....."

No comments:

Post a Comment