Friday, September 26, 2008


It’s been a tough week. Not only has work been stressful, but I have this off feeling that makes me think my body wants to be sick. On the flip side of things though, I have lost 7 lbs! getting close to halfway there.

Mexico is booked…and while I am MORE than thrilled, I can’t stop thinking about wearing a bikini lol. Who am I kidding?! Even thinner I probably won’t wear one. My sister in law is a teeny little size 2 (and a completely awesome person!) and despite my best efforts I KNOW I am going to feel like a whale next to her if I don’t do something. I started slowly…cutting back a bit on portions, drinking a shake for breakfast, and cutting out all the unnecessary fatty snacks throughout the day (you know, that chocolate covered almond a co-worker gives you, or that trip to the vending machine at 3pm because you can’t make it to dinner) and it only took two weeks to lose 7lbs. If I keep it up and start doing some light exercise, I think I can get over the 10lb hump all us dieters get stuck at and possibly actually get back to my perfect size. You know, the size you were when you met your guy lol. 20 lbs should do it.

So the man comes home in a couple of days. I am UBER excited, but don’t want to hold my breath because the date has changed so many times!

Oh, and as a last minute addition…someone left a note on my door this week. Word for word (including, punctuation and capitalization mistakes!):

Sick AND TIRED!!! WE ARE ABOUT TO complain to the city Bylaw/Animal EnfoRcement Department About you Leaving Your Jack Russell Dog ON Your PoRcH all day To BaRk NON-Stop To Prevent Complaints Remove Dog immediately!!!

Now, I am sympathetic to those that go insane from incessant barking dogs. I even would consider calling the Animal Control on someone whose dog is out of control. BUT, I live in a very pet friendly neighborhood with plenty of outside dogs that bark. In fact, the house behind me has an older dog that barks at EVERYTHING even in the middle of the night.


So why Elvis? He isn’t much of a barker at all. I know, you can’t know what your dog does when you aren’t at home…BUT, he has been an outside dog for over a year and we have had zero complaints. What I can’t figure out is why someone thinks they have the right to tell me to “remove dog immediately!!!” Because of this person’s intolerance, I am now forced to inhumanly mistreat my dog!


I called the Animal Control office myself to see what my options are and basically I have to crate him, de-bark him, or buy him a barking collar. Excuse me?!?! How is that fair? Today he is in the laundry room…but even that breaks me heart. Elvis LOVES being outside (I have a hard time getting him IN the house when I get home from work sometimes, and having to chain him up in doors just doesn’t seem fair. He has an amazing play area out there, and I feel like I am now depriving him of any kind of freedom.

What would Jesus do?

Oh, and here is a pic from my birthday. This is my brother Al and his gf Angela (gorgeous isn’t she?!?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment