Monday, February 9, 2009

Valentines Day Tea with "Tea Ladies"



This past Saturday my special "Tea Friends" all came together for a special Valentine's Day Tea.

Tricia
hosted this Tea party.
She had just gotten back in town the night before from being over in Mississippi taken care of her elderly Mother too so I know she was tired from the trip but she still persevered in doing this tea for all of us.
There were wee little gifts even. I brought everyone a "Godiva" candy bar.
Here we have the "Tea Barroness" Marsha, helping to pour tea. Diane is beside her.
Tricia and myself on the other side of the table.

"Tomato sandwhiches on toast with bacon crumbs, Salmon salad. Both of these were so delicious!

This however was my FAVORITE! This was a "puff pastry with diced chicken and spices in a sauce." It was SO good.
Marsha brought the scones..AND homemade lemon curd..because she makes the best scones and lemon curd in the world of course.
For dessert there were little "key lime cheescakes" in pastry.
Before we were done with our tea, Tricia presented us all with this book.
"The Gentle Art of Hospitality" by Alda Ellis

I have a ton of Tea books but I didn't have this one in my collection and it is very nice. I highly recommend it if you are in the market for a book like this.

The day was lovely outside....78 degrees in fact. So after our Tea Time we went out onto Tricia's patio for a bit to chat and we took these photos to seal the moments we had shared together.
Marsha, Joyce in back, Diane and Tricia seated.

Joyce, Marsha, Diane, Tricia.When we were done outside we came in a visited a bit more with Tricia's younger daughter.

Now, this little girl I LOVED and wanted to bring her home for my middle son! HA!
Listen to this story...
For graduation last year.....she took all her money and bought....CHINA!
She brought it out (at our request) and showed us and it was grand.

Then we toured her bedroom.....because it's decorated as "Gone With The WIND!"
Of all things. I had never seen anything like it before.
Her Mama (Tricia) had even made her the "Green Curtains with the Gold Fringe" like Scarlett's curtains at Tara that she had Mammy make into a dress for her before she met Rhett.
I came right home and talked to Caleb about this sweet girl right away. I ad told her he has a "Big Truck" but she told me she wasn't looking for a new boyfriend. She has just broken up with someone.
Hummm...I say we can possibly work on that. HA!
Tricia....if your reading this...I am thinking...."Tea Matchmaking."
Here's my son. What do you think.....? That's the big truck in the snowy background. HA! HA!
My son would have a FIT if he knew I put this on the internet. HA!

What a GREAT day. With great friends.
I love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment