Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A feminist approach

In politics if you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman. - Margaret Thatcher

Now, here at the office, I have that loverly (and funny) quote as my status message on my internal chat. It's been there awhile...couple of days at least...then today, I get an interesting comment from a coworker, and while inclined to tell him to 'shut the fuck up', I decided to humor him for a bit.

But to preface...he said to me (losely quoted) "Margaret Thatcher is a bigot for making that quote, be a part of the solution, not the problem".

Fuck you.

Anyways... I let him do his 'I'm pulling your chain' (his words) ranting....then quickly pointed out that:

1. I am NOT a feminist
2. IT IS A FUNNY QUOTE
3. as a non-feminist, I find the quote even funnier

But, in his defense, I did GET part of his point (again, losely quoting) "I am a sometimes feminine, when I refuse to open doors and pay the cheque". He is married by the way WITH a joint account, so their arguments over the cheque are only for their own amusement. Some people need to get a life. But I digress...

What I DID understand was his underlying point that women (in general, not a rule), tend to spout off their feminist crap, then turn around and pout when they aren't given flowers (just an example). Now the quote above is in no way related to that, it just brought on the discussion and it went from there.

Seriously, this post has no relevance, meaning, point, direction, blah blah blah... I lost my desire to post anything serious as of this moment.

Could be cause my stomach is growling.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment