Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Subway sucks

So I decided to let go of Mexico rather than coming back here to post about it. Plus, the stories are no longer funny to me lol...and I can't write something funny that isn't funny. Comprende? So Tmc, you s.o.l.

That said, I had the WORST experience in a Subway Restaurant (why do they have restaurant in their name? Seriously. Retarded.) that I have ever had and it got me thinking once again about the rapid decline of good customer service in this day and age. Let me preface this by saying : Do not, I repeat, DO NOT visit the Subway in Mission unless you have a lot of time on your hands. It is actually funny how often I get ummm... lengthy...service there.

Granted, the 'restaurant' *giggle* was busy. I mean, 4 or 5 customers in line is hard for ANYONE to handle right? *shakes head*. There was a pleasant east Indian woman working with a smile firmly planted on her face, and a 15 year old boy who couldn't have cared less what he was doing, handling all of our food. I am not kidding when I say, he could NOT have moved any slower than he did without moving backwards in time. The nice east Indian woman (and keep in mind, I don't think she is nice by the end of t his story) is the only reason I am not moaning and groaning loud enough for anyone to hear, is putting the bread orders together at a steady pace, only to have to slow down because the Tween can't seem to put the sandwiches together nearly as quick. Now, I am all for taking care in making MY food. I do not want some half-assed job done on MY sandwich because I am pretty particular about them... but even I thought this was ridiculous. The eye rolling in front and behind me was all in sync too. Not a single patron in the 'restaurant' was entertained.

Eventually the nice lady came over to help put some of the sandwiches together while Tween boy took cash. Slowly of course. I did not expect anything less of course. Now normally this would have pleased me... a nice co-worker helping another co-worker in need... EXCEPT when it is at my expense. My TOASTED chicken bacon ranch Sub sat on the counter for no less than 10 minutes. Remember, it was TOASTED. So I had to resign myself to eating a COLD toasted sandwich *shudder*. Eventually, after answering the telephone (are you serious?!?! are you actually answering the phone?!? Yup, she did) the increasingly frustrating lady (now no longer nice) decides to finally come make my cold toasted sandwich, only to yell across the restaurant in east Indian to another co-worker coming in and not listening to a single word I said. She had to ask me not once, not twice, and not even three different times what I actually wanted on my sandwiches before she got it right. And the sad part? It was only lettuce, tomato, and red onion. I am curious though, how you can confuse red onion and GREEN pepper, but I digress...

To the other patrons in the 'restaurant' it was so frustrating that it was beginning to become comical for them... well, at least I heard some nervous laughter with some head shaking. Finally, and this IS after about spending 20 minutes in the Subway line-up, my was food rung up. I mentioned to her TWICE that the tuna was a meal (Sadie is weird, tuna is gross) and that she wanted two cookies, but she didn't really seem to be listening to that either and had to ask me twice if I wanted a drink and what size. I answered her... TWICE... and then she asked me what SIZE of drink to which I calmly said "whatever size comes with the meal".... "so you would like a medium?" she asks me. At this point, I do not know what stopped me from screaming. I asked for one double chocolate and one chocolate chip. I got two double chocolate by the way.

Eventually, my order was rung up, cash was handed over, and change was given, without one thank you, have a nice day, or even a smile. THEN, she immediately took my receipt (which I was holding my hand out for) threw it in a basket, turned around and started talking to a co-worker while I stood there waiting for a my receipt. After a few awkward moments, I threw my hands up and walked away.

She didn't notice.

AND

She and the Tween ruined my Tuesday night.

BAH

No comments:

Post a Comment