Sunday, March 9, 2008

French Flower Cart


The "French Flower Cart" sits just outside of our back door.
I purchased it a couple years back and have SO enjoyed having it.
I usually put a big ceramic pot of silk flowers in it changing them out depending on the season.
The other afternoon I bought all these bedding plants to stick in some of my containers that didn't make it through the winter and to also refresh a few of our other planters.
I planted what I needed to in my main flower bed out front and then I had to put the rest of the flowers somewhere because it was getting dark and cold. So I put them into my flower cart just for the night.
A cold front came through as much of you know, which buried the upper half of the States in Snow....and left us with near freezing temps. I was very concerned about my plants.
Yet they seemed to have "weathered well."

I've been debating over leaving them in the cart for the party we are having this weekend or putting my ceramic planter with the Red Geraniums and White Hydrangia's in it that I usually put in there this time of year.

Thought some of you might want to see a bit of "Spring time" especially those of you in the "frozen North."

Having "hailed" from the Midwest......I remember just how LONG those winters are.

No comments:

Post a Comment