Monday, October 1, 2007

I will never make it as a builder

Trevor and Nadine said they would see this on my blog…I said not a chance.

I was wrong.

I really and truly, even after being told this and arguing that I was completely capable and how could you even think that I am not, should never ever put together furniture. It’s not that I am not determined, or even excited about doing it, it’s that I do not have the patience to read the instructions carefully. I think I am, even to the point of getting frustrated with how complex they are, but I have to be honest with myself here: I don’t read them very carefully. Yesterday I chose to put together an end table that came in 14 different pieces (and that’s not including the millions of pieces of hardware). I was pretty ambitious, because after about an hour of struggling with it, I *thought* I was finished…only to realize I put some piece in backwards because the drawer is on the opposite side it is supposed to be on, and the wheels are lined up instead of being on opposite sides. For now it works, cause you can’t really tell…but I KNOW, and I will constantly look at it in disappointment until it’s fixed.

I contemplated not telling E because he would be so damn smug (he was the one who said I should let him do it) but I knew that if I didn’t he would someday figure it out, and the ribbing would have been worse. Thankfully, he didn’t rub it in.

Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment