Friday, October 5, 2007

I wanna be a housewife damnit

So I have been refraining from writing in here anything about my job because we all know that it can get you into trouble. In fact, the IT department here sent me a password for one of our applications and it happened to be carmen101….which leads me to believe it was their way of saying “we know about your blog’…hahaha. Or a weird coincidence, but with the luck I have I DO NOT rely on ‘coincidences’. Regardless…I am going to change my mind about keeping my work from my blog this one time because I need to vent just a little about some things. Now, I have definitely done my share of verbal venting, but there is nothing like typing therapy to get those aggressions out!

Firstly, I want to be very clear that I LOVE my job. I was so excited to actually get to work here, and I really don’t want that to change…unfortunately I cannot work with my supervisor. It has come to the point that my visits to HR mean nothing because there will never be any changes in her demeanor. Thankfully I am one of almost ¾’s of the office that feels this way, so my feelings are not unfounded, BUT she is completely indispensable to the VP because he is ‘as useless as tits on nuns’ (direct quote from someone else here) and she pretty much does his job for him. I am at a HUGE disadvantage here, because she will never leave nor change and it is my job to learn to live with her personality. She is cutting, mean, rude, egotistical, and snobby. She has no regard for other people’s feelings. She has zero personality/social skills, and she makes a habit of turning ant hills into mountains. She is completely unapproachable which makes my job even more difficult than it already is.

To make my point even clearer : She has told me that it is my job to accept responsibility for every mistake in every other department because I should be able to head of those mistakes and prevent them from happening. Now, one point is true, I *should* be able to head off many mistakes by proper follow-up and attention to detail. But that being said…I cannot head off every mistake. Human error is COMMOM PEOPLE!! If someone does a silly dumb mistake that costs the company money, I somehow get blamed for it. And she isn’t nice about it. In fact, I think she gets off on pointing fingers and manipulating situations to pass the buck over to me. She doesn’t even evaluate situations thoroughly, instead relying on limited information. She would prefer to solve the problem herself rather than realizing that I have already made steps to correct them. Then, she involves every person she possible can to tell her story about who I am to blame for this mistake and she is so sorry but is working with me to make sure it doesn’t happen again in the future. WTF??? How cruel is that? It’s not enough to be talked down to by your supervisor, but she has to involve the CEO so he can place his comments about how disappointed he is???? Especially for things that are beyond your control?!?! Ugh, I am now at a loss for words to describe exactly how that makes me feel.

Except: Fuck.

So how do I deal with this in the most professional manner possible? Because I have already exhausted several avenues. I don’t want to find another job, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment