Monday, January 22, 2007

Relationship Guru

*Apparantly when I type a smiley face into word, then cut and paste it here, it comes out as J. so, if you see one, know that I am smiling... inside :) *

Just recently two people whom I care a lot about decided to end their relationship and go their separate ways. I was sad to hear it. You know, not even just SAD, but actually shocked. They are both extremely intelligent individuals, which leads me to believe that this was decided with much thought and care, but it made me realize how private some people keep their lives.

Am I private? Hell no. Do I want to be? Hell yes. Can I be? Hell no.

Ahh….the pondering I do when I am bored out of my mind.

This ‘separation of ways’ if you will, got me thinking about how hard it is to leave someone you love, despite the challenges you face. It is a common misconception for one to think that the love is gone when you break up…but really, that is most often NOT the case. It is BECAUSE you love them that you have to let them go. We all deal with issues in our relationships, whether we chose to make them public, or we keep them behind closed doors.

Love DOES NOT keep us together (Captain & Tennile circa 1975) Come on, your singing it, you know you are! I am, and I can’t sing. Love may bring us together, but it doesn’t KEEP us together. Hard work, dedication, and the willingness to compromise are the ingredients FOR ME to make a relationship work, but what’s yours? Because I don’t pretend that we all deal with our relationships the same way, nor are we all successful by following the same ‘game plan’. That in itself is a recipe for disaster! (you like all my food references lol)

I am in no way a relationship expert, but I can say that from my list of failed ones (quite short actually!) I have learned so much about myself; my fears, my insecurities, and my weaknesses. If you haven’t learned anything from YOUR relationships, you haven’t been listening J

All in all, I want to say good luck to those two people that have chosen separate paths. I care about BOTH of you, and think you are BOTH great people. You may not deserve each other, but you both deserve the best J

No comments:

Post a Comment