Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving To Ya'll

It's been very hard for me to get into a Thanksgiving Day mood this year. I think for several reasons.
But mainly I think it's the hot weather. Hard to think "Thanksgiving" when it's 81 degrees out and humid.
Not complaining, just saying.

ADD to this the fact that "Mrs. Priss and Mr. Joshua" are out of town...in Boston as a matter of fact.
Having the time of their lives.
On Holiday all by themselves.

And I'm missing them very much. Blah! They have grown up way too fast those two newlyweds out and about on a vacation without me and her Daddy along. HA!

Last year they had been married just about a month, and went to Gatlinburg with his family for Thanksgiving. Now they are away for the second year in a row....so Mama's not HAPPY about this at all.

Not counting the fact that two of our three sons will be going to visit their perspective Fiance's and Girlfriend's, family for Thanksgiving Day dinner tomorrow...both families live in Cajun towns south of here.

So Mama's not HAPPY about this at all.
Sigh.

Tomorrow celebrating Thanksgiving Day dinner will just be Don and I, along with our older son.
Which is not a problem at all......and I've made a decision that we will "go out to eat."
Why not I say??
 Easier, faster, cleaner.

That's my cup of tea right there.


Yet, here it is now, Thanksgiving Eve and I feel the wave of saddness. But this is how life goes and we must share our family with others. Even if we don't want to. HA!

The thing is, my family is alive, healthy and happy and we love one another.
Why not be Thankful?

So, I'm going to "try my best" to be in a good mood tomorrow, and look pretty.......while waiting in line for hours (and listening to Don Mahan have a hissy fit) at the Cracker Barrel or where ever we end up for Thanksgiving Day Dinner.

In the end, it's all good.
And the day will be good too.
Hopefully the food will be too.

Have a Happy and BLESSED Thanksgiving!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment