Sunday, August 29, 2010

My thoughts on the Restoring Honor Rally


I will be honest. I had not even heard about the rally until maybe a week prior. I watched the majority of the rally via live stream online.

My overall view of the rally was somewhat bittersweet. Bitter, because I would have loved to see a little bit more fiery politics injected into it. Sweet because of the wonderful testimonies given by humble men such as Albert Pujols and others about Jesus.

While the Restoring Honor rally was advertised as apolitical, it certainly was not. Glenn Beck is a smart man and I believe his intentions are only the best. Unlike what the screaming children on the left would like you to believe, Glenn Beck is not some power hungry lunatic. I do believe he is sincere and believes in what he's doing.

In putting forth the 828 rally to the public as strictly a non political event centered around the attractive non controversial terms of Faith, Hope, Charity, and Honor, Beck has drawn in people from all corners of America and painted himself mainstream. His selection of speakers was top notch. Liberals are going crazy because of it. "Why in the world would people of color speak at a Glenn Beck rally!?" They can't seem to fathom it. And this wasn't just one or two speakers. This was nearly the entire lineup, including Martin Luther King Jr's own niece, Alveda King. So the, "Well he/she is just an Uncle Tom..." argument really doesn't work here. Lately, their main argument has simply been that all the minorities who spoke were just "sellouts".

??? And the Tea Partiers are racist?

Sooo, the entire thing was whitewashed and racist, except the fact that most all of the speakers were non white, but they are all just sellouts anyway so the event is still whitewashed and racist.

Riiiiiight.


I know I'm getting on a rabbit trail here but I must say it. The leftist mind is a twisted, twisted thing. Let's say hypothetically all the speakers were minorities (they basically were anyway besides Palin and Beck) and EVERY last person in the crowd was a minority. They would still say that those minorities are sellouts and not "true" minorities for being conservative. And why? Because they view any minority who does not make themselves a slave to the progressive handout Democrat party as a "sellout"/traitor. At the same time, they turn around and accuse the other side as being the racists! Anyone see a problem here? Anyway back to the rally...

You know what I think? I think the very fact Al Sharpton and race baiting liberals are criticizing Beck and the rally makes it all the more right.

You see, Beck is a very very clever man. By carrying out this rally without a single mention of Barack Obama or anything political, along with such a diverse array of speakers he has thrown himself into the mainstream. And now, there will be many who will associate his politics as mainstream as well. Which I believe they most certainly are.

Beneath the surface, this rally was entirely political. And while I would have loved to see someone like Herman Cain, Allen West, or Micheal Savage get up there and tear Obama to bits, this non confrontational approach was much more effective in battling the left. How can you criticize a group of 500,000 people who peacefully gathered to pray and honor our military? You can't without looking like a complete imbecile, and that is exactly what the left is doing to themselves at this very moment!

Now I'd like to move on to Sarah Palin. Now, you all know my views on Sarah Palin. I'm sure many of you will be offended, and I'm ok with that. I like Sarah Palin as a person and as an American. I do NOT like her as a politician. Just listening to her speak up there was difficult in and of itself, especially with her mention of John McCain. Seriously Sarah? Don't get me wrong, I love her politics. She is a true conservative. But she is no leader. Her entire speech was nothing more than another effort to groom herself for the 2012 run, which if nominated by the GOP, will give Barack Obama a second term. I am 100% certain of this. Palin's speech was something I'd like to forget about the rally.

Albert Pujols was my favorite speaker. His profession of his love for Christ was uplifting. I am a Chicago Cubs fan. Albert Pujols is one of my most hated "enemies" within the sports world. But by golly, I sure do respect him as a man. And to have the greatest player in professional baseball speak at the rally, along with his manager, makes the event all the more mainstream. The simple fact Pujols spoke may not have been an endorsement of Glenn's politics, but it appears that way and that is another win for the conservative movement.

Overall, the Restoring Honor Rally was a huge success. While many within the conservative ranks, most specifically the Randian libertarians and Ron Paul Campaign for Liberty crowd, do not believe in God, you still have to respect the sincerity of this event, and the way in which it was conducted. Like I mentioned earlier, Glenn Beck made this rally untouchable by not injecting politics. He made it impossible to criticize this event without looking like an uptight, extremist, moron. The left doesn't know what to do. They can't stand it. And they cannot resist attacking it. And by attacking it, they are only tearing down themselves. And that, is the most powerful aspect of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment