Thursday, April 24, 2008

Untitled


Break is over. NOW get back to work!

I sort of came to a realization about my blog when numerous people whom I didn’t even know took the time to read it mentioned to me they missed my banter.
I am no longer going to be punished for my blog (or LET anyone punish me) and I am going to continue what I do here and be satisfied with the knowledge that not everyone can like me, as long as I love myself.

Boooyaaa.

So with that being said…that is ALL that will be said about it (again) lol.

I started Soccer on Tuesday. It’s been three years since I tore my ACL completely, and about a year and a half since my surgery. Not going to lie, I was nervous as hell. Despite feeling a little bit uncoordinated running…I did pretty well. It IS a Div 3 team, which based on my ‘experience’ is on the lower scale…but without prejudice, I actually enjoyed myself. I have a loooooooooong way to go to ever be able to compete at the level I once did, if ever, and I have totally made peace with that. I took a look on the Metro Women’s website and saw several ex-teammates listed as contacts for the Premier teams and had a slight pang in my stomach, but still didn’t envy it…which is a HUGE step for me! Despite being UBER competitive, I KNOW I can play at this level and be ok. Besides, my best bud is playing with me and that’s all anyone can ask for!

So the goal for this summer is 25lbs gone, walking 30k a day (for the WTEBC), and some super duper muscles! Oh, and maybe a new hairstyle…we’ll see!


No comments:

Post a Comment