Tuesday, April 1, 2008

"Decor~a~ TEA"........March 30 ~ April 5




I'm going to continue along with the ladies who are in uniting along with
Ms. "La Tea Dah" and her "Gracious Hospitality" "Blog a Thon" this week.

This weeks assignment is basically to exhibit and show examples of how one might use "Tea related items in your decor."
I will be showing just a few examples of mine.

Starting off in my office.....
I usually keep this Tea set up on a shelf for display but thought I would bring it down to show you. It was called a "Museum reproduction" that I bought a few years ago. I not sure what if was "reproduced" after but I liked it. On the tops of the lids....for handles are roses with stems. Cute.

This is a special "Tea Shelf" I designed and had my husband build for me several years back. I then stained it and painted it.
It's just the perfect size for holding Teapots and Teacups and other odd Tea related items.

It's not really deep nor wide so it fits into our hallway very nicely.
A few years ago I saw this old copper Teapot at a flea market for a little bit of nothing so I bought it and wondered...."What can I do with this??" My sister suggested that I have a floral arrangement put into it. So I did. I took it to the florist and picked out what I wanted and they went to work and I've had it on top of my little Tea Shelf ever since.

I was given this Tea Cup Picture years ago by friends when we were moving out of town and it has been a very precious memory to me.

Sadly though I hadn't been displaying for several years now because the matting was in a "mauve" and that color as well as "pinks" and "country blues" have been "OUT" decor wise down here for several years now.
So I had stuffed it somewhere and just came across it again a few weeks ago.

I recently took to be "re-matted" in something a bit updated and I just got it back the other day and I love the new look of it. It's still beautiful and fits in color wise once more.
The saying under the Tea Cup is this........
"Times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord" Acts 3:19
I believe that to be true. So it is a beautiful reminder.

I'm glad to have that special Tea Cup picture back on display.
I had another one re-matted at the same time but we will save some of the other things I have for another days chat because I didn't even go into my bedroom which is FULL of Tea Decor things......I LOVE this stuff.
Can you tell?

Thanks for coming to visit!
Leave a comment and I will come to see you as well.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment