Monday, April 7, 2008

Stiches-for-Tea

April 6 - April 12
Stitches-for-Tea

This week the "Gracious Hospitality" TEA BLOG-A-THON is focusing on "Sharing any kind of stitching that is somehow related to "Tea." May it be...."sewing, embroidery, knitting, crochet, tatting, quilting, etc." Just as long as it is "hand done" rather than factory made.

I along with many women all over the world have a nice, little "horde of antique and semi-antique linens" of all types.

Especially in the realm of doilies, dresser runners, potholders, crocheted table covers, pillowcases, etc...

Things my GreatGrandmother, My Grandmother's, my Mother, had made.....some items my Great, Great Aunt Rosa from Louisiana Mo. made before she died.

She had donated them to be sold at the church Bazaar at her Baptist church and my Great Aunt on my other side went to the same church. Once she saw the few things "Aunt Rosa" had made there, she "snatched" them up at the and sent themm to me with a typewritten note that said....."She does great work to be almost 90 years old."
That was when I was first married.

Things like that are PRICELESS to me now.

But most of those things I own don't have "Tea pots or Tea Cups" of any sort on them......

However I do have this one special thing.

My Step Mother who lives in Illinois, had her friend "Judy" who does beautiful "Needlepoint" work.....make me this cute piece of needlepoint last year for Christmas.

Once Judy was finished, they traveled across the river to my hometown of Hannibal Missouri, where there is this wonderful quilt/craft store called the "Hickory Stick".

They do custom framing as well and she had it framed to size.

The really neat thing about this Needlepoint piece is that it has "Tea Charms" added to it in between the letters.....there are 7 of them.

Two different Teapots, a Clock, a Spoon, a Teabag, a Teacup and Saucer, and a Sugar bowl.

I was THRILLED when I opened it for Christmas. It is SO cute and unique and it is now another "special handmade memory."

I have it in my office where it serves as a constant reminder to me that it is always......
"TEA TIME!"

No comments:

Post a Comment