Friday, September 7, 2007

JC is in the HOUSE

Week One DOWN.

Good news…I lost 4 pounds my first week on JC (just to be cool I am using acronyms). That’s a pretty good week. If I can do 3 lbs per week I am going to hit my goal much faster that I initially thought…so wish me luck on that.

It’s been a pretty rough week to say the least…I threw my back out last Friday carrying groceries of all things! I actually went to the hospital; I was in so much pain. They gave me a shot in my back of something I cannot pronounce, and three prescriptions (stupid jerks, that means THREE dispensing fees!). I will admit, I didn’t follow the prescriptions over the long weekend and I paid for it. It’s now been a week, and I am JUST getting over it. I have had to tilt all my chairs (car, work) and have been taught a stretch that really helps. It will probably be a lingering pain for awhile…but at least I am doing something about it now.

Sadie FINALLY got into the school we wanted…but not right away. First, I got a call from the school saying that she was not able to squeeze Sadie in and she would have to go to the school across the street from our house. I was polite, but let her know that it wasn’t good enough. Then, I had our friend who would be picking Sadie up every day meet with the principal and let her know that it wasn’t good enough either… BUT, it wasn’t necessary because the principal had already left me a voicemail to say that she had felt terrible not letting Sadie in, and had reconsidered. So Sadie got to have two first days of grade one at two different schools! Even better, she is in a grade ½ split class with our buddy’s son. Week one down, and so far so good! No notes home, no visits to the principals office, and no parent complaints that Sadie is being mean… YAY! (I kid, I kid…she’s a great kid!)

This weekend is home repair weekend when we can fit it in! We have a 1st Bday party to go to (ooo I have to get a present!) and MY birthday dinner at my folks. E has hockey so he won’t be coming :-(

Next week is the luau… WHO’S IN???

No comments:

Post a Comment