Friday, July 27, 2007

Vegas BABY! *and a little bit of drama*

Hammer time.

I am totally giggling to myself that when I thought of my trip to Vegas, “hammer time” just came to mind. I am SUCH a geek. *runs off to buy hammer pants for Celyne*

This week has been a bit of a drama-fest in the love shack I call home. Not only has it been crazy busy, but I have been pre-menstrual and emotional. Pre-menstrual = psycho. You know little nagging thoughts will creep into your brain and then not 5 min later they are a MAJOR problem and causing so much stress that it’s all you can do to stop from bursting into tears? Meet me this week. I accept SOME of the responsibility for being over emotional, but not all…because really, my thoughts and feelings should always be valid and listened to. I can admit, I am a ‘bottler’ and I let things fester and bubble until something makes me crack and I let it alllllll go at once. This, my faithful friends, is a fault that I will probably always possess because I HATE confrontation more than I hate turnips. And I guess I *think* it’s better to let it all out in one dramatic display then little confrontations over time. Yeah, possibly a dumb blonde move on my part…BUT, it is who I am.

Last night was that ‘dramatic display’. It’s funny…when someone you love is not affected by your tears unless you are actually injured physically; it makes you cry harder knowing that it doesn’t matter if you’re injured INSIDE. In my house, tears don’t work and yet I cry harder. I have never used tears to get my own way, and that’s not what happened last night, I was just completely not in control of my emotions no matter how hard I tried to be. And this is all because I bottled and festered and bubbled until I had not one, not two, and not even three, but maybe a million things I needed to get off my chest. I have only myself to blame right?

We both said some mean things, things that if I think about them today, I want to cry again. It’s after 4pm the following day and my eyes are still puffy…BUT, I feel better about the whole thing. And that’s enough right? Love CAN keep us together…as long as you’re willing to accept the imperfections in each other. Not love those imperfections, but accept them. Make sense?

I am still learning every day about this whole ‘relationship thing’… because no matter how many you have been in, they will all be different. Every day is a new adventure really, because it takes more than a lifetime to really get to know the person you are spending your life with. Short of a brain scan, we will never know their thoughts unless they tell us, and we all know men don’t like to speak about anything except sports, food, and sex (and on occasion, how awesome their smelly farts are). Emotions are something they think women made up to garner some kind of control. Little do they know we actually KNOW they are quite simple beings and like to keep them on their toes.
They can’t live with us, nor without us…so don’t you think it’s time they succumbed to our demands and just CHANGE when we ask them to? Geesh.

Anyway...I realize that I am quite sporadic at keeping this blog up to date despite my repeated promises to do so, my announcing that I will be MIA until after the long weekend means absolutely jack shit to you…. But I am announcing it anyways. Please miss me. Really and truly miss me.

No comments:

Post a Comment