Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Independance Day. Fuckers

Is it Wednesday already?!?! Happy July 4th all you fuckers ‘down there’.

This weekend was a teeny eeny bitty exhausting. So here is the short version of it: Friday night was E’s Birthday dinner at his ‘rents. (Crab and Steak merci beaucoup!) Saturday was a gong show I can’t even remember… moving E’s grandma into a retirement community, getting some work done on the suite (purchasing lino) and cleaning/preparing for the housewarming. Sunday was the party. SO MANY people (i.e.: Kids) that I could barely control my twitch, so much food that wasn’t eaten 9which was shocking considering the amount of people!) And so damn hot! So much for all that rain the weathermen kept predicting, huh?! It was probably 30 degrees mid-day, and the mosquito’s were in full force! For those of you that came, thank you so much for the lovely and thoughtful housewarming gifts!

Monday became the day from hell. It started off good with some lovin’…but that’s about where it ended. We laid down the underpad and carpet for the basement suite bedroom, cleaned up the bathroom a bit, and packed up the trailer with E’s parent’s BBQ and the table for his Grandma. We headed out to Maple Ridge to deliver the BBQ, then to Burnaby to drop off the table. We were running a bit late to meet the lady in Vancouver for all the appliances for the suite (Fridge, stove and stacker washer and dryer) so we bypassed E’s Grandma’s only to get a phone call from the lady that SHE was running late. So we sat around waiting for her in Vancouver for about 20 minutes. Unfortunately, her town house is a three level with about 400 square feet a floor with a winding staircase and none of the appliances were removed, or even unplugged. I am not lying when I tell you it took us (ok, Eric did most of it) two hours to get everything out and into the trailer and truck. Eric not only bashed his finger, but completely stained his shirt and shorts with gross shit that was under the lip of the stove. I think his shins have more bruises that not, and his poor back is STILL aching. And to top off the whole day, we were both still pretty congested from this shitty cold we can’t shake. E is too the point where is breathing is becoming haggard and its waking him up frequently throughout the night. It sucks, because it wakes me up too!

So we are erasing Monday from our memories.

Today I got an email on Facebook from a friend from so long ago. I miss her SO MUCH! She moved to the States on a soccer scholarship while I was in Washing ton getting married (I’m such a tool)… her school was prepared to offer me a scholarship the following year to go play, and I turned it down, only to have it offered to another girl we played with whom I have always competed with. Shame. I can’t wait to catch up!

One more week till Merritt, or should I say, one more week till a complete four day mental shut down?

Giddy up!

No comments:

Post a Comment