Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Those Damn Americans

Seriously shitty assed Americans I tell ya :)

Yesterday was not a fun day. After my Monday faux pas of showing up at the passport line-up at 11am only to be told that I would NEVER get in before 4:30, V and I decide to get a had start at 6:30 am yesterday. And we thought we were being clever.

I swear, people were there the night before. No joke. Because, after standing outside in the cold, wet outdoors for 6 hours, and 2 more hours indoors.... we finally got our passports. We were surprised when we got there at 6:30am and there was a long-assed lineup. I mean, whose a smart as US?!? Geesh.

How about the whole town of Surrey?

Overall, the day wasn't that bad....we met some great people with stories to tell, from a couple who had an eight hour drive from Quesnel JUST to get their 5 year old a passport to go to Disneyland, to a young mom who needed to travel such a short distance in the States for two days. I had crazy Asians almost sitting in my lap (sorry V, you weren't there for that one and I forgot to tell you about it!) and an east-Indian man who kept jumping in and out of line. We had some very nice middle aged ladies standing behind us who were great for conversation (oh, god I AM middle aged!) and a really funny commissioner who had to help us with the elevator.... twice :)

I may have had frozen feet, an achy knee and a runny nose.... but I am glad I did it.

Now off to Vegas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment