Friday, April 27, 2007

Has it been that long....?

Has it been that long?

10 years

10 very long years.

I cannot believe that it’s been 10 years since I graduated high school. Walked the halls of LTSS, slammed my locker, shot some hoops in the school gym, snuck a pinner in the smoke pit, caught a ride in Robyn’s bug to the McD’s, skipped CAPS class to for a cone at Happy Face, jumped ship at spare to shop the local thrift store, piled the cheese on the cafeteria salads (you know, to keep it low fat lol), giggled at the boys during Rugby practice, getting let out early for soccer games, spending 20 minutes ‘freshening up’ after gym class, running to Rebecca’s after school to watch Empire Records…. I could go on….

It’s funny how much you actually remember from those ‘golden days’ when you sit down and THINK.

Last night I went to a ‘reunion meeting’ to discuss what we were going to plan and who was in charge of what. And it was so unbelievable! I thought I would be uncomfortable sitting with people I knew and didn’t know back then….because people change so much over time I didn’t really know what to expect. I honestly couldn’t even recall if there was anyone I WASN’T looking forward to seeing; did I fight with anyone, was I mean to anyone, did I steal someone’s boyfriend or vice versa, did I burn any bridges, did anyone do something so unforgivable in high school to ME?.... I couldn’t answer those questions because I couldn’t remember!

I showed up first, and the meeting place ended up being closed. Too funny. But then Tanya showed up. She married her high school sweetheart who happened to be a close friend of my twin brothers, and yet still I haven’t seen her in 10 years. She looked great, and we couldn’t believe how much our voices changed over years. She looked the same, but sounded different to me! Then, slowly, the other showed up. I felt terrible that I couldn’t recall the name of one girl, but I bit the bullet and asked. She seemed a little shy and I wanted to make her feel comfortable. We moved to the local Starbucks to meet, and then spent the next hour gabbing and barely talking about the reunion. BUT, we did eventually get to it, and some awesome decisions were made.

You are now looking at the Kids program coordinator for the LTSS ’97 10 Year Class Reunion! (Had to make it sound more spectacular than it really is!) I really didn’t want to get too involved because E and I will be renovating our new house shortly and I want to focus my attention on that, instead of the reunion, but planning kid’s games for the afternoon picnic is right up my alley! Tanya is also a pre-school teacher, so she has offered to help. We are going to do silly things like three legged races, parachute, water balloon toss, etc…

Anyways… overall the evening was great and really has me looking forward to the 10 year. Thankfully I am not in charge of finding everyone…. J because that alone is a full-time job! Anyone have some suggestions on how we can find the grads?

Have a sunny weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment