Friday, September 23, 2011

Just me being me. Without thinking of course.

So it happened again. I, Carmen of a Life Less Ordinary, of sound mind and body (probably) did something completely dumb to embarrass myself.

I have a track record to uphold you see.

Last night I had tickets for the company suite for the Big N Rich and Gretchen Wilson concert. On this such occasion, our actual booth was closed because of the stage location, so we were given another suite to watch the show in. Now, the president of the company was nice enough to cross off our original booth number (14) on the tickets and write down the new booth location (1) for us, so we knew where we were going. My cousin and I found Suite 1 easily enough and were pleasantly surprised at the full spread of goodies laid out before us.
Something like this, only not this.

There were wings and ribs, cheese platters, desserts and a full stocked fridge of sodas and beer. I believe there was even popcorn spread out in cone-shaped bowls on the tables in front of the chairs.

Pretty awesome, no?

We helped ourselves to a few goodies, ordered our own drinks, and got comfortable. Another coworker of mine and his wife arrived and we passed some time with idle chit chat, before he left to head downstairs to buy some concert t-shirts. While we were discussing work thing with is wife, a nice lady from the event center came in to check on us and ask if everything was to our liking. Which it was. Clearly. I vaguely mention to her that booth 1 was a great alternative to booth 14, and that’s when things got weird.

She looked at me oddly, and politely asked me if I was from X company, to which I replied that I was, and then she even more politely let me know that we were in fact supposed to be in Hospitality Suite 1, not Suite 1.

Excuse me? There is a difference?

Shamefully, with ribs in our teeth and wing sauce on our chins, we took the walk of shame to our ACTUAL Suite, where the president was casually drinking a beer none the wiser.

Apparently this is my fault.

And apparently they were all laughing at me. 
This isn't actually my coworkers. But I am sure you knew that.
Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment