Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I am crazy blog stalker. Probably.


I have been a bit of a blog whore lately.

I started my blog  4 years ago, maybe five I can’t recall, and if you check my archives it says three but I moved to this address when I had some weird stalker people harassing me when I wasn’t very anonymous. Anyways, I am digressing… I started my blog 3 to 5 years ago and I pretty much kept it to myself. I posted things that were meant only for me and a few friends that were even aware I had a blog. It was pretty much a lazy hobby where I would post silly little private jokes, random family updates, and just plain stupid stories that only made sense to me. I didn’t read any other blogs (except another friend’s personal blog that was funny as shit, but she has since removed it and stopped blogging altogether. That was a sad day).

Things have changed slightly in the last few months.

I am now that crazy stalker blogger. And I am not ashamed.

Now, I follow some pretty funny people. At first it made me feel pretty self conscious about my own writing, but I realized quite quickly that it’s OK if I am not as awesome. I took a writing class like forever ago (seriously, forever. Like 15 years **sigh**) and nothing really stuck anyways, plus the only REAL time I have to blog is at work which could technically get me in trouble if anyone found out. Actually, everything we do here is monitored on a network, so I am sure people know, and probably laugh behind my back at the sheer ridiculousness of this blog. Probably. And maybe think I am crazy. That would explain some of the weird looks.

Wow, go off on tangents much?

So, I don’t really write with any kind of ‘education’ behind me. I  lack proper grammar, spelling, (spell check actual had to correct grammar. True story) punctuation, and story lines on my best days, but this blog serves as more of a time-killer, therapy-producing journal that some people find funny despite my blogging flaws. In fact, my followers have grown!

I think some of the followers aren’t real people though. Their profiles are weird.

So, friends, check out my new blog roll to the right. I still have a few more to add once I get around to figuring out my favorites list from Explorer to Firefox, but the ones I have added are straight from memory. These are the people I stalk daily. Some I comment on and probably sound douche-y when I do, some I read and laugh out loud at work (immediately followed by those weird looks again), and most I just can’t live without.

Enjoy. And $20 says you start stalking them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment