Thursday, October 14, 2010

What the #$&^ happened to Customer Service?

I am saddened really that the generation following mine has completely ripped customer service apart. And not by just a little...the dramatic shift is glaringly obvious to most, and easy to spot for those less astute to the obvious! (That sentence makes me giggle!)

Just today, for example, I followed a somewhat 'noisy' SUV through the drive thru at my neigborhood Tim Hortons. For those of you not familiar with Tim Hortons (aka living under a rock and seriously deprived, or American, and thus deprived regardless) this establishment puts crack in their coffee and therefore I am addicted. I visit at least twice a week and I am being somewhat reserved on that estimate.

First off, when ordering...the girl cut me off TWICE. one of my biggest pet peeves about drive thru's is the lack of patience in the person behind the microphone. Every item I ordered was followed by "would you like something else". Um yes, I would thanks... so kindly shut up so I can finish my order! Then, while I am trying not to snap at the girl, I try to REPEAT my second item she has already cut me off once from ordering, she cuts me off again to REPEAT the first item and ask if that was all I wanted.

**sigh**

I finished my order without yelling and proceeded to follow the noisy SUV to the window. Now, I could see the girl at the window had a sh!t eating grin on her face so I could conclude one of two things: these were high school boys hitting on the Tim Hortons worker, or they were her friends, trolling the drive thru window to hit on the Tim Hortons worker. Either way, I was already annoyed.

She spent a few minutes giggling with them before handing them their food, then another few minutes giggling with them before they drove off. Now for those of you that know Tim Hortons, this is a BUSY establlishment 24/7... more than a minute and a half in the drive thru is unheard of because they shuffle you along the assmebly line in record speed because there is usually 25 more thristy crackheads behind you!

Needless to say, I am pretty red at this point... but I am so accustomed to bad customer service that I choose to keep my mouth shut and take my order and go. She chose not to make eye contact, and tralalala the end of my bad expereince was over...

or so I thought...

dumbass BIOTCH forget the $%^& Boston Cream donut I ordered and paid for. Usually, this would warrant a return visit, a frown, and that's about it...BUT, my local Tim Hortons is surrounded by construction...so it took me at least 5 minutes just to get turned around and back in the drive thru! This is where the service got even worse.

In those 5 minutes it took for me to get back to the drive thru, they had changed the drive thru attendant. First, she didnt recognizez me, second, she didnt understand that THEY forgot my donut... it wasnt ME who forgot MY donut. Then the dumbass decides to hand me a 'fresh' (she had to point that out, like it would be anything but) donut on a paper bag, without putting it IN the bag and looked at me like she didn't have a clue why I wanted the donut in the first place.

I gave up. I took my donut, smiled, and drove away.

For two reasons: One, I couldn't handle the ignorance, and two, I was already late from having to go back twice... but in hindsight, it's people like me who can't be bothered to make a complaint, that have created these monter's in the first place, isn't it? I think we all need to complain REPEATEDLY when we are treated with nothing less than the utmost respect from these 'future leaders' because it is OUR CHILDREN that are going to be following THEM!!!!

I use capitals when I am angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment