Thursday, June 21, 2007

Untitled

So Dallas was hot.

And that’s about it. Moving on.

Putting together all the necessary things in place to build a basement suite has been nothing short of a nightmare. Especially when you don’t REALLY know how much money you’re going to have to do it all. (Touchy Subject iam not even going to dig into right now) I am trying hard to do as much as possible through Craigslist, but even that’s a headache with measurements and such. Our kitchen space really isn’t all that big, but anyone selling full kitchens with appliances included, have enough cupboards and countertops for a full-size kitchen. Sure, we could buy it all, but who wants to dispose of all the leftovers? Not me! And I don’t want to go through different people…I want it all included so we don’t have to make 100 stops in order to get everything. One stop shopping rules.

E wants to leave the kitchen as carpet. Who does that?! I want laminate flooring. We have a bit to use from my parents, so I am going to really try hard to talk him into it before we install the kitchen. Cross your fingers for me on that one because I really don’t have much of a say on anything when it comes to the house. I do all the research, and in the end its me just nodding my head when HE makes his decision. Fucking blows. We have one more weekend to get it all done for our friends to move in and he is telling me not to panic, it will get done. Well sure it will…when I DO IT, and I CLEAN (which I already did), and I FIND EVERYTHING. Like today, I called to say that I found some carpet CHEAP at End of the Roll, and he acted like I was pressuring him, and like it was no big deal and not to book an appointment for installation, that he will do it. You know, I really want to just let him do it all, so then I can sit back on the 1st and say ‘I told you so’. Because honestly, at the rate he is moving, we wont have renters till October. He says to trust that things will get done. But if I don’t do them, and I don’t worry, WHO DOES?

Well that vent is over. But stay tuned next week for more… because I am almost 100% nothing will be done this weekend and I will be bitching and moaning again.

Trust ME

No comments:

Post a Comment