Monday, June 16, 2008

Sports and My Life

Life can sometimes be compared to sports.

One day, it throws you a curveball in an attempt to throw you off your game and strike you out, other times it can slide check the heck out of you in order to steal the ‘ball’, or even take that field goal kick and sway the wind so you JUST miss. Can you hit that curveball out of that park? Or just manage a dinky little hit to shortstop? Can you avoid the slide check and make it down field for a shot on net? Or do you succumb to the check and lose the ball? Can you anticipate the wind and adjust your kick to make the goal? Or do you lose control and kick to the left?

Right now, I don’t have any answers. I don’t know if I will. I just know that life has thrown me quite a few curveballs, slide checks, and missed field goals and I have to figure out what am I going to do about them. I think I am a pretty strong person; someone with integrity, compassion, and sensitivity. But I question that strength when life throws crap at me. I am encouraged by the people around me, those that love and care about me, but when I am alone…why is it so easy to feel sorry for myself then it is to take some action and make it better? I guess that’s a question MANY ask themselves, as I am sure I am not alone in that.

When life gives you lemons make lemonade right? Well what about Margaritas instead? More fitting I think. Besides, a couple of those and I wont really care anyways right?

What would Jesus do I wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment