Monday, March 28, 2011

Weekly work headache

I am an odd little duckling. I know this, I accept it, so how come not everyone else can?

Case in point: I have a coworker, who on a personal level I get along with most times, but on a professional level we clash immeasurably. And it’s something I cannot even put a finger on; he just frustrates me so much and I am never able to put into words exactly what it is that frustrates me. Sure, there are examples of conversations that I could explain, but really none of it would make any sense and I would be considered even odder for trying.

But today, an issue arouse that has sort of been an issue for the last few years come trade show time, and once again I am left sitting here just baffled at our internal chat conversation. It truly makes ZERO sense to me, and I am actually vibrating at the fact I cannot verbalize myself to straighten out. We talk in circles. And I think, on some level, that he does it on purpose in order for me to react EXACTLY how I react. I feel manipulated.

Now, I KNOW that everyone works differently. We all have our little quirks, habits, and organizational methods…but it is my opinion that we should all respect that about each other and learn to work together despite them. I try VERY hard to understand that he has been here a long time and has his own way of doing things, but when it affects me almost on a daily basis and makes my job that much harder because of it, I think I am entitled to be a little defensive when having to deal with him. I think I deserve the same respect that he demands from me.

Or, I could just have him stabbed in the arm with a pen. By accident of course.

See, I’m odd. But that’s what makes me so special. So fucking accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment