Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Beth Ditto Is Getting Married With Her Girlfriend In Hawaiian Ceremony !

Beth Ditto is getting married next year.


The openly-gay singer is engaged to her partner Kristen and the couple are planning to wed in Hawaii in June 2013.

Beth , who is currently in London promoting the band's new album "A Joyful Noise" and has been joined by Kristen for the trip, revealed: "I'm getting married next year to my partner Kristen in June."

"She might be somewhere here, in the hotel, walking around. I'm doing it in Hawaii because my girlfriend is from there." Beth quoted as saying.



However, one potential guest, Ditto's manager, wants the pair to say their vows in April because she can't make the June date but Beth won't be swayed.

Ditto laughed: "I'm not getting married in April because it's the raining season there!"






Beth's bandmates Brace Paine and Hannah Blilie are both thrilled for the couple and can't wait for the nuptials.

Hannah stated: "It's gonna be great."


It has to be said that Beth's engagement ring has a flower-shaped setting with a round diamond.

Just for the record, the couple knew each other for several years before they became an item because Kristen worked as the "Standing in the Way of Control" Beth's assistant.

Although Beth had developed strong feelings for Kristen she waited until her nine-year relationship with transgender Freddie Fagula ended in January 2010 before embarking on a romance with Kristen.

She previously said: "It was something that I kept hidden deep inside of me. But everyone knew. Even people are parties and clubs would be like, "When are they (me and Kristen) going to get together?" There was always a little guilt inside of me because I felt I was cheating, but I never cheated.



"We never did anything ... I dated Freddie for nine years, and I was always worried it was going to end. With Kristen I never worry about it ending, I just feel completely full and whole." Beth Ditto honestly said.

What do you think?

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!


No comments:

Post a Comment